With Monkey’s personality really starting to shine through, Bunny’s personality being in full swing and Mr. Bear’s being pretty much set in stone; I can now give you a real glimpse of what it’s like to live in a house full of testosterone.
- All the boys want to hold the remote, at all times. So much so that Monkey has an old TV remote (sans batteries) that he walks around with. What is it with boys wanting to hold the remote? Power?
- There is always an aroma of stale wee around at least 1 bathroom. Bunny swears he knows how to aim, yet he admits that it’s his pee stains in the bidet. Like WTF? Why would you pee in there?
- There is often a “Let’s-see-who-can-have-the-last-say” with each instruction, order, comment, request, question, and opinion. Throwing self down on floor counts as one too.
- They eat the.whole.time, non-stop! It never ends. Like a bottomless pit. And the two worst ones, are the tiny humans. *Note to self! Start food savings account for when boys are teens.
- Competition is inevitable. Brushing teeth, bathing/showering, getting dressed, finishing their meal, getting into the car, talking the loudest, farting…
- They really don’t know where the washing basket is at all times. Bunny will get home and his school socks will lie in front of the TV until I have to remind him where to put them. Monkey might not know how to put it in the basket, but he certainly knows how to take it out of the basket and throw it all over the floor, all over the house. Mr. Bear…. well, most of the time he gets it right, even if it just hangs over the basket.
- Speaking of washing basket, can we just pause for a moment and really let it sink in HOW MUCH WASHING they are responsible for!!! 2 to 3 outfits per day, depending on the person!
- Although not one of them are late sleepers in the morning (I still have slight hope, but it’s running low), they all sleep like the dead. I swear you could bang on pots right next to their bed and they wouldn’t even flinch.
- They love giving cuddles and smooches. No matter their age, I get showered in them throughout the day. Yes, sometimes it’s from Bunny while I’m trying to correct his behavior, or from Monkey while I really just want to have 1 minute to myself in the bathroom, or Mr. Bear while I’m rushing to get supper done. But I love them and so, I stop and soak it in.
- Silly laughter happens throughout the day. From blowing kisses on a tummy; to tickling; to their own farting noises; and jokes that don’t make sense. There is aways someone laughing at something.
The fascination never ends regarding certain body extremities. Luckily the older you get, the less public these fascinations become, but still. Why as soon as the nappy comes off, the hand goes there? What! Did you think it’s fallen off from the last time your nappy had been cleaned?
Do I sometimes really feel like I’m the only one that makes sense? ABSOLUTELY!
Do I sometimes wonder how it would have been if the house was balanced between testosterone and estrogen? DEFINITELY!
Would I change any of this, even for 1 day? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!
Boys are awesome. Yes, they can have emotional eruptions similar to that of a volcano. BUT once done, they don’t really linger on it. They get over it and move on. Boys are easy. No bitchiness. No cat fights. Just mostly easy, apart from some of the things above.
What’s it like in your house? Tell us in the comments.